Located at 143 Maple Avenue in upper Collegetown are our premium apartments. These distinctive accommodations are intended for graduate students, post-doctoral scholars, faculty, other professionals and "empty nesters" -- those who appreciate the highest quality and energy efficient accommodations that are located close to the Cornell University campus.
There are two residential structures: Building #2 was first occupied in 2007. Building #3 was first occupied in the Spring of 2012. Features of the two buildings will be described separately following general comments that pertain to both.
We provide showings by appointment. Please call 607 273-5929 to arrange a convenient time. We give our current residents a day's notice before showing their apartments, so please call at least a day before your preferred time. We generally respond to brief e-mailed questions (Contact Us by Email E: email@example.com) within a day or so. More complicated questions are best handled by telephone.
Rentals Available Coal Yard Apartments: Please Phone 607-273-5929, between 9am and 6pm.
General Features of the Coal Yard Apartments
For the 745 square feet 1-bedrooms range from $1,620 to $1,800 per month including utilities, except for electricity and TV and landline services. The larger 1-bedrooms (805 square feet) range from $1,685 to $1,800. The 2-bedroom, 1-baths, range from $2,025 to $2,265. The 2-bedroom, 2-baths, range from $2,410 to $2,620. The three-bedroom, 2-baths range from $3,045 to $3,380 per month. Assigned parking spaces are available for rent in the heated basement of Building #3 ($1,400 per year) and in outdoor parking spaces ($500 to $700 per year). Parking spaces are available on a first come-first serve basis.
Building #3 is a 4-story, 24-unit building of similar extra spacious and upscale design, construction and appliances as Building #2.
The arrangement of apartments is similar on the four floors of the structure.
On each floor, there is one 1-bedroom apartment of 745 square feet (clickable link to floor plan of Apt. #24),
two larger one-bedroom apartments of 805 square feet (clickable link to floor plan of Apt. #23 ),
The X-3 and X-5 units are back-to-back units that are mirror images of each other.
one 2-bedroom, 1-bath apartment of 950 square feet (clickable link to floor plan of Apt. #21),
one 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment of 1,285 square feet (clickable link to floor plan of Apt. #22),
and one 3-bedroom, 2-bath apartment of 1,615 square feet (clickable link to floor plan of Apt. #26).
NOTE: Please contact us for the rental details. Only a few apartments are available for 2015-2016 as many are being renewed by the current residents.
- Elevator serves all residential levels and the garage
- Heated garage spaces available
- The roof-top terrace is available to all residents of the Coal Yard Apartments.
- Clothes washer and dryer located in the utility room of each apartment
- Coal Yard Café located at entrance to driveway
- T-CAT buses stop at entrance to driveway on Maple Avenue
- High ceilings
- Large closets with tall birch doors
- High levels of sound insulation between units
- Cabinets in kitchens and baths of solid cherry or rock maple with natural finishes
- Granite counter and vanity tops in kitchen and baths
- Pull-out easy closing shelves in kitchen base cabinets
- Red oak, natural finish wide baseboards and door trim
- Bathrooms equipped with water-saving, non-clogging, ADA-approved toilets
- These were rated as #1 by a leading consumer magazine!
- Floor plans available on-line
Every apartment is equipped with energy saving appliances
- Stainless steel kitchen appliances
- En suite washer and dryer in the dedicated utility room
Floor coverings to suit use
- Porcelain tile in the entrance vestibule, kitchen and bath(s)
- Dining, living room and bedroom areas, have New York State hickory flooring painstaking installed with alternating width, full-thickness boards
Sophisticated Safety Features
- Full fire detection and extinguishing systems
- ***Sprinkler system throughout the building
- Building access restricted to residents
- Locked mailboxes located in the building lobby
- Intercom located at building entrance for visitor identification that allows residents to admit callers to building electrically
- Each unit equipped with 4-digit electronic deadbolt lock for security
- Lots of insulation in all exterior walls
- ***Green energy efficient design and construction
- ***Double pane windows
- Heat recovery system extracts heat from building exhaust air and transfers the heat to fresh air that supplies the building corridors.
- Sophisticated highly efficient heating and cooling system
- ***Super high efficiency gas boilers heat circulating water throughout building for heating
- ***Roof-top cooling tower cools circulating water throughout building for cooling
- ***Each apartment equipped with heat pump and quiet circulating system to maintain chosen temperature throughout the unit
- ***Each bedroom and living room / dining area is equipped with an energy efficient, quiet ceiling fan and light